Monday, May 18, 2009

india votes and BJP is defeated !!!

If winter has come, summer cant be far off.
I cant decide at this juncture if it's the starting of summer for Congress or the winter has just begun for BJP (yes, you can argue that BJP never had a full fledged summer to its credit).
16th May, ’09 was probably the first time when I was anxiously glued to my otherwise detestable CRT monitor converted into TV, via a pathetic TV tuner card.
Huh!!! Indian parliamentary results were being broadcasted on all the news channels, with the tally of NDA and UPA being updated every second. I had not voted in this parliamentary election, though I have been for 7 yrs in Bangalore now(not because I was feeling lazy on the election day, but because I decided not to have my election ID made in Bangalore, as I still believe that I belong to Kashmir and should vote there).
UPA started of quite well in their tally but I had a flickering hope that NDA might still be able to perform decently owing to the ‘non-issues’ like “inability of UPA govt to provide internal security of late”, “recent recession”, “inflation”, “job losses in almost all the sectors” etc etc… though I know that all these issues could have erupted equally badly had NDA been in power in past 5 yrs.
Every increment in the UPA tally was taunting me in my face, and things were worse because I was having a severe cold and I had to repeatedly blow my running nose only to return and see a further increment in the UPA tally.
I wanted BJP to win. But y? I wanted to do ans this ques to myself before I could convince somebody else.
I have always been an adroit supporter of BJP, ever since when I could hardly understand even 1% of political discussions going in my family. I remember way back in 1992, probably I was eight or nine years old, when I was staying in Udhampur after ‘migrating from Kashmir’ and BJP had decide to hoist national flag at the historic Lal Chowk in the heart of Srinagar city on 26th Jan 1992(Click here to get more info on this Yatra). This country wide movement started by BJP under the leadership of Dr. Murali Manohar Joshi was called “Ekta Yatra” and it was intended to awaken the whole of India about the happenings in Kashmir (there were no daring Barkha Dutts at that time who could bring the live coverage of Kashmiri Pandits being brutally murdered in their homeland). It was the time, when Islamic militancy was at its pinnacle in Kashmir, driving out every Hindu soul from Kashmir valley. When the selected targeting on Kashmiri Pandits was being done only to make sure that the pro-Indian Hindu folks from Kashmir were driven out. Tens of thousands of Hindu families were fleeing and migrating to Udhampur, Jammu and Delhi leaving behind their homes and hearths, their cultural heritage and virtually everything, but for their honor. I don’t know how many of today’s eligible young voters or “first time voters” know about this. Probably like me, they were too young to comprehend what was going on in Kashmir. They were too busy with their impending final exams.
Seeing this mass movement in the form of Ekta Yatra in 1992, the govt at centre was shaken to its core. And it was Congress who was ruling at the centre. The Congress was holding the reins of country since 21st June 1991 and the situation at that time was bad enough to take concrete and harsh steps to curb the local uprising in Kashmir. But all these pseudo-secular mother f***ing parties were blowing the trumpet of communal harmony and tolerance etc. These sons of bitches were selling India and not saving India and true Indians in Kashmir. It was all the part of petty vote bank politics, on which Congress and other parties wanted to bank by showing that they respect the sentiments of Muslims in India. And if I could ask them, what about the pro-Indian Hindus? Should they have been left to dogs and at the mercy of Pakistani backed terrorists wielding AK-46s and 47s and
Kalashnikovs. Shame on them… If not that, atleast the govt at centre should have taken bare minimum steps to rehabilitate thousands of fleeing people from their homes.
It was BJP who had come forward at that time, above the cheap politics of Congress, Left, dalits, Mandal comission etc. The national elections had concluded a year back, in 1991, and hence BJP too could have taken a back seat and decided to be a mum spectator, as they would not have got any political mileage out of this. But BJP decided to take the problem head-on and make the general public of India aware of what was happening to their countrymen. Respected Advani ji and Atal ji, were the architects of that mass movement which gave every Kashmiri Pandit a sense that there is someone in HIS country on whom HE can rely on. I still remember the words of Dr. M M Joshi, when he was addressing his party men in Udhampur, “We have no security provide by either centre or state govt. We don’t know if we will be killed by bullets or by grenades in Kashmir. What we know is that we shall hoist Tiranga in Lal Chowk. Are you willing to come with me?” and there were thousands on his party men who replied in unison “YES”..
And they were actually successful on hoisting the national flag in Srinagar on 26th Jan. It was a slap on the face on Congress at centre and ever since they have started labeling BJP as ‘communal’. Ha… what an irony.
The years following the mass exodus of Kashmiri Pandits from valley, they were supported by BJP and its sister allies in one or the other way, rather than empty and hollow promises like Congress. I would probably need to write another blog to express my gratitude to Advani Ji and Atal Ji for all the selfless service which has been rendered to my community by their party. And I will always owe my allegiance to BJP.

Can u give now me a reason as to why I should vote for Congress ???

No comments: